Monday, October 15, 2012

Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies

 A long time ago, I had to reconcile myself with a sad conclusion.  Brace yourselves - this is a tough one.

I'm a terrible cookie maker.  Seriously.  Terrible.  No matter what I do -  follow the directions to a t!, room temperature ingredients, non-room temperature ingredients, tweak for high altitude, and on and on - my cookies come out flat.  Like negative in height.  My sweet husband always tells me it's not how the cookies look but how they taste...but let's get real.  We all want light, fluffy, delicious looking cookies.  

And I'm also weighed down with the burden that both my sisters were blessed.  They make PERFECT  cookies.  I'm not sure what happened with me....sigh.

Then I came across this recipe - Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies.  I knew I had to try to make these - hoping that even if they didn't look pretty, they would taste good.  Look at these ingredients! It's mathematically impossible for these cookies to not taste delicious.  And wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles...these cookies... 

Came
Out
PERFECTLY!!!!



Do a dance, sing a song, the impossible has happened.  See here for the original recipe - my tweaks are below.

Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (3.4 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup peanut butter chips

1.) Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.) Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and pudding together.
3.) In a separate bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, and both sugars until fluffy and light in color - about 3 minutes.
4.) Mix in the eggs, then vanilla, then honey until all is combined.
5.)  Add in the flour mixture slowly.
6.)  Finally mix in the chocolate and peanut butter chips!
7.)  Bake the cookies for 10 minutes....and enjoy.


Make these soon - you will not be disappointed!  The original recipe also calls for reeces pieces - I'm not a huge candy in my cookies fan, so I added a little more chocolate chips and peanut butter chips instead.  Next time I might remove the peanut butter chips.  These cookies are awfully rich, and more chocolate could be interesting.  I'm thinking it's the pudding mix that makes the difference. mWhat do we think about adding vanilla pudding mix to my original chocolate chip recipe?  Has anyone done that? 

Hope this week is a good one!
Kate


3 comments:

  1. THESE ARE THE BEST COOKIES I'VE EVER PUT IN MY MOUTH!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm so making these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these last night...YUM!!! Mine turned out perfect too! I am like you and have a notoriously bad record when it comes to cookie making. Something like 100/3 :) Cookies win every time. But, with this recipe, I am victorious! :) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete